Background

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Change.

Seasons change.
Things change.
Times change.
People change.

Change is a good thing but, as I'm approaching the years of SO much change, it scares me a little bit.
It scares me not to know where I will be in 5 years or even 2. It is also very exciting to think of how fun the journey will be along the way. Im so amped about the story God is writing for my life and where he may have me in a couple years.

Change be may one of the hardest things you go through in life.
However, I do believe it can be a good thing.
Change forms you and makes you who you are.

One of my favorite quotes:
"Your direction, not your intention, determines your destination"
Thank you Andy Stanley. It's so true. You don't think about this on a daily basis but, one decision can take you down a path you may or may not want to go down ( aka change. aka makes you who you are ). The facts I face these days are that it's so easy for anyone to stumble. No one is perfect. The only person that was ever perfect was Jesus and we can only strive to be half a perfect as he was. It's so easy for you just to say " oh just this one time" or "I've already done it once so what's it matter now" but its so true that one decision can get you in a big mess.

It's never fun to see friends change(unless of course if it's for the better). There isn't a lot you can do about people changing, it's part of life. It's sad and it sucks but you can either deal with it or be bummed. I'm learning day by day that it will all be okay, it's okay to move on, it's okay to change.
Another good quote: In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on. Thanks Robert Frost.
One things still remains and it eases my heart... GOD is unchangeable, he is my only constant.

Grey's Anatomy says it so well...
"Change. We don't like it, we fear it. But, we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change or we get left behind. It hurts to grow, anyone who tell you different is lying. The more things change the more they stay the same. Sometimes change is good. Sometimes change is everything."

Tonight was the night of quotes.
Also the night of venting.
Just needed to get a few things off my chest and ramble a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment