Background

Friday, April 8, 2011

End Prize.

As I sit outside on this beautiful evening, eating dinner with my family, I find myself very thankful for this precious time with them. Granted most times we are at each others throats but I cherish times like this. These days our world seems to be so crazy that we lose track of whats really important. I read a tweet today that said "ppl of God, rest easy. governments might shutdown, but we are a part of an everlasting, unshakable kingdom. keep your eyes locked on heaven" SO TRUE. We worry about silly things of this world when we should be keeping our eyes on the end prize. What really matters most? For me, it's getting to spend an eternity with my Savior. One of my prayer these days are that I continue to feast my eyes on heavenly things, I know my Father will take care of me. As Jeremiah 29:11 says.. "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I know God has my best interest and I know he has a plan for my life.

Sometimes as I think about sisters, I wonder why do both of my sisters have seizures.. why did it skip me? Did God have a plan for it all? Maybe He knew my mom would need a lot of help. I wonder what goes through their brains every single day. How does it work. How different is it than mine. Why does certain things cause them to act certain ways. I hate that my middle sister is 17 and can't so most things that kids her age are doing.. like driving for instance. That's a luxury that we take for granted, even myself. I wish her medicines and disorder didn't make her so emotional. I wish she could just be normal. Its sad knowing that my baby sister will always be the way she is. She will probably always live with my parents and always be as small as she is. But you know, she is content in her own little world and she will always be my sweet angel :) My sisters are truly an inspiration. They live with this disorder day in and day out and yet they still choose to be as positive as they can be and still choose to trust Jesus through it all.

My best friends mom is battling breast cancer(that ugly beast came back for round 2), tumors on the brain, liver and lung cancer and I'm so glad to say she is still here with us.. all because of God. 3 months ago she was hospitalized with only 1 week to live and now she is fighting back strong. Now, I would like someone to tell me there ISNT a God. He knew all this was going to happen and He has a big plan for it all. I see him working in that family(whom I am thankful to call my second family) everyday. It's amazing how he uses different circumstances and people to bring others to Him.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! and I love watching your faith deepen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...LOVE!! AND I love YOU! You are truly a friend sent to me by the angels. God knew I needed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw these comments.. LOVE and THANKFUL for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete