Background

Monday, July 5, 2010

Food and Fireworks on the Fourth



Food and Fireworks... The two main things that go with the Fourth of July.
Sadly I only got to do one of them... and I'm sure you can guess what that is... EAT.
I spent Saturday laying out all day by my lovely friend Sage's pool :) The weather was a good temperature of 90 degrees and it was just a little breezy.
We grilled out Saturday afternoon, we had cheeseburgers and watermelon! yummmmm.
Then, I went home in hopes to hang out with my family but I came to find they already made plans, left and didn't tell me! Awesome huh?
So I ended up going back to Sage's house just to wait on her to get there. I had to lay on her trampoline until she arrived. So I was pretty much homeless for 30 minutes. But we got China Garden for dinner so it was worth it.
So the next day(Sunday) I got up and got ready for church, luckily I got to sleep in a extra hour than I usually do. This Sunday was different because it was the fourth of July, we didn't have Xtreme(the environment I usually work in) so I had to volunteer in Waumba Land and can I just say I love little kids? We got to use our imaginations a little bit and we played Dinosaurs! One particular kid was like "there is a huge T-REX over there! I cut his head off and I have it in my hand." So I replied with, "well we better make dino stew then!" Kids just have the coolest imaginations.
Well, hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth!


No comments:

Post a Comment